Thursday, July 19, 2018

Devotion 4.07/161: Matthew 18:15-16: Ticks off Dollywood!

We were recently visiting Dollywood in Tennessee. It was great. There are many things to see and do. We stayed two days. The first day we went on rides, saw the Southern Gospel Music Hall of Fame, a show about the Coat of Many Colours, the fireworks and much more.

The second day we went to the water park. My youngest loved it. We split up because the older girls wanted to go on different slides than the youngest. I spend the afternoon and evening my youngest daughter. My eldest and I started the day together going on some of the more adventurous rides.

It was when we were in a long line to go down a short ride that my daughter noticed that I had something on the back of my arm. I felt it but I couldn't flick it off so I thought it was nothing. She said that she thought it was something and that she thought it was alive. I felt it again and actually had to dig it out of my skin. It was a tick! (In all my time in the woods and the outdoors in my life, the first time I ever experience a tick is at a water slide!)

I am glad my daughter noticed the tick! I am glad she told me about the tick. I'm glad that when I thought it was nothing she told me that she thought it was alive. At this point a lady in line looked to confirm this as well. I am glad they pointed out the tick to me so that I could remove it, otherwise I might find myself in a serious situation.

Sin in our life is like a tick in our body. If we notice Sin in someone's life we need to point it out to them in such a way as they will notice it and want to remove it from their life. We don't talk about someone for having a tick or sin in their life, we talk to them. We don't make fun of them or lecture them or avoid them or annoy them because they have a tick or sin in their life, we talk to them. We don't talk to them angrily or condescendingly. The point is not to make them mad, ashamed or defensive; the point is to let them know they have a tick or sin in them because we love them and we don't want them to suffer. That is why if they don't believe us or can't remove the tick or the sin that we are supposed to get others to help us to help them.

Sin, like a tick, can cause serious problems for our health and our life. This is why we do our best to help others be free of sin and ticks, because we love them.

More daily blogs at
More articles, sermons, and papers at
www.sheepspeak.com