Thursday, July 19, 2018

Devotion 3.49/150: Luke 11:24-26: Laundry Room, Demons

I have spent the past few days and nights cleaning and packing. I'm exhausted. We've been working around the clock getting the house all ready for our move out west. The truck came today to take our belongings. We go soon but first we have to finish cleaning.

I remember once, a few years ago, maybe after an earlier move when we were living out of boxes still. Susan and the girls were away for the weekend so I thought I would clean the laundry room. We had quite a large laundry room in our basement then. It was a big job: washing everyone's laundry, putting it away, vacuuming, washing walls and floors, cleaning the kitty litter box that was also in that room, washing down the machines and the windows. It took me the whole weekend of working hard but when I was finished it was the cleanest room in the house and everything was put away.

Sunday night they came home and Monday morning I headed off to work. When I came home from work where do you think that all of them were? Everyone of them was in the Laundry room! Reading books, drinking water and eating snacks, playing with toys and other things that they had brought from every corner of the house to my newly cleaned room! They weren't eating in the kitchen, playing in the play room or reading in their bed rooms, everyone brought all of their amusements to my newly cleaned laundry room!

We all like a clean and organized space. The devils are no different. When we put our house in order is when he is likely to pay more attention to us. It is when things start going well in our walk with God and we start cleaning up our lives that we have to be on guard against the Enemy trying to mess things up for us. When we start to make a change is when we need to make sure that we pray with others, read our Bible in community, go to church, and keep in touch with accountability partners.

Today I encourage us to do just that. Help a friend who is cleaning up their life by supporting them with prayer and encouragement.
More daily blogs at
More articles, sermons, and papers at
www.sheepspeak.com