Saturday, April 27, 2024

SB 370: I Want to Sing it, I Want to Shout It (TB 685)

There was a time when one could access The Salvation Army Songbook online. Not only could you copy the words and the tunes easily to make slides, you could also download actual PowerPoint presentations with the lyrics. Now the words are hidden? Certainly not easily accessible.


It is more difficult to find the lyrics to Salvation Army songs than almost anything in our internet age. Other denominations have their old songs readily available for the public to sing praises to God. I guess The Salvation Army does not want the public to use their songs in worship? Are they ashamed of the Gospel? Do they despise the writers of some songs and so want to destroy their legacy? Do they just despise the songs and hope they are forgotten? Do they want to (and think this secrecy will help them) make money from songs that were written to praise God? But even for current Christian pop songs, from songwriters who write music for a living, I can easily find lyrics... 


I wonder why The Salvation Army is suppressing it's own poets, song writers and musicians?
 

 SB 370: I Want to Sing it, I Want to Shout It (TB 685)

I want to sing it, I want to shout it,
I want to tell you all about it;
The love of Jesus, the love of Jesus;
It brings the glory to my soul!

I can't compare it, I want to share it,
I feel I really must declare it,
The love of Jesus, the love of Jesus;
It bring the glory to my soul!

I want to sing it, I want to shout it;
It brings the glory to my soul!
I want to sing it, I want to shout it;
It brings the glory to my soul!

- Joy Webb (c) The General of The Salvation Army